The RnR Corporate Wellness Program at Mobile Alabama
We have the absolute best facility in the state of Alabama, combining Medical Weight Loss and Crossfit. We call this blended program called RnR. CrossFit is constantly varied functional movement executed at high intensity to improve all facets of physical and mental health with a goal of preparing members for improved work and life capacity. RoadHouse now owns and operates gyms in Mobile and facilitates corporate wellness by successfully partnering with several Mobile area businesses.
Corporate Wellness – Why it’s Important
In the U.S., more than 81% of businesses have some form of health promotion program(2). With annual increases in health care costs and benefit claims, sedentary lifestyles and poor health are costing companies money. Employers see corporate wellness as a way to prevent health issues, which will reduce claims, make for healthier employees and save the company money. Overall, employers are realizing there is a significant link between prevention and investing in the health of their staff.
Start Your Transformation
Estimates show that overweight and obese employees cost American companies $12.7 billion a year, including higher medical bills, higher health insurance costs, lower productivity and 39 million lost workdays(1). Studies show that for every dollar spent on preventive health programs, a company can save as much as $6 in insurance costs(1). The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently reported that the overweight epidemic affects two-thirds of U.S. adults and is not just a health issue.(1)
How will an exercise program improve the health and job satisfaction of a worker?
Studies by the University of Michigan show that employers can save an average of: (1)
- $1,100 a year for every employee who breaks his or her addictive smoking habit.
- $269 a year for every employee who progresses from couch potato to fitness enthusiast.
- $1,200 a year on employees who reduce their cholesterol levels from 240 milligrams to 190 milligrams.
- $177 a year for every employee who goes from obesity (more than 30 pounds overweight) to a healthy weight.
Companies need to invest in employee health
In a day and age where competition is fierce, don’t you want your employees to be the best they can? Having a healthy, happy, productive front line can positively affect your bottom line. Your employees are your most important assets. Let Roadhouse help take your company to the next level by providing your employees the “blueprint” for success.
The RnR program has proven that it may help:(2)
- Improve your employees’ overall health
- Reduce the amount of sick days
- Increase productivity
- Raise company morale and camaraderie
- Strengthen employee/employer relations
Introducing your employees to a healthier, active lifestyle generates success in all aspects of their lives. Employers can reduce costs for serious illnesses, such as heart disease, diabetes and obesity by identifying high-risk employees and encouraging them to change their behaviors and improve their lifestyles. Wellness experts agree that a work site health promotion program is the best way to achieve this goal. In addition to a healthier lifestyle, the RoadHouse fitness program has shown it may help your employees with:
- Goal setting—RoadHouse principles can be used to succeed in all aspects of life.
- Physical preparedness—RoadHouse prepares people to be more capable and physically able to complete necessary tasks.
- Confidence—An inevitable occurrence of adhering to the program, achieving goals and mental and physical improvements.
- Competition—Truly brings out the best in people. RoadHouse eliminates the fear of competition because individuals learn they are ultimately competing against themselves.
- Clarity—By dedicating to a commitment like RnR’s fitness program, employees learn how to focus.
- Lifestyle Change—RnR is a comprehensive program that allows employees to live a healthy, active lifestyle for many years to come.
What is the RnR corporate fitness program?
The RnR corporate fitness program is a structured fitness and nutrition program encouraging employees to compete against themselves to get into the best shape of their lives. We provide competitors with an exercise/training schedule and information on proper nutrition and supplementation to attain specific goals. Before and after benchmarks are documented and tracked to show measurable results on an individual basis.
Why should you offer the RnR program to your employees?
Workplace wellness programs are recognized by more and more companies for their value in improving the health and well being of their employees. Investing in a corporate workplace wellness program like RoadHouse is recognized as the smart way to improve overall employee morale, as well as reduce employee turnover and overall health care costs. By implementing RoadHouse in your organization, you create a more energetic, positive and productive workplace that provides meaningful gains for your company or organization.
Four easy steps to launching your RnR corporate fitness program:
- Obtain full approval from your Human Resources Department.
- Send an e-mail to [email protected]
that includes the following information:
- Name of your company
- Number of employees
- Contact name and number for the program facilitator
- Once we receive this information, we will work with you to organize a RnR program suited to your company’s needs and size.
- Once we have worked out the right program for your company, you will receive (by email), an Entry Kit PDF and an employee Getting Started PDF that includes printable nutrition and fitness guides. While the program is easy to follow and does not require constant support from an outside source, we will also provide a dedicated digital line of communication for your team as a resource for their individual fitness journey.
Making RnR a Successful Program
The RnR program is designed to be a lifestyle, not a diet. This is part of what makes the program so successful. When your employees participate in the program, they will be making lifestyle changes that will be beneficial both to their personal lives and your company. Here are some tips to encourage participation and completion:
- Offer a reward or incentive for participants: While the most rewarding benefit of participating in the RnR program is the transformation of the body, mind and spirit as members lose fat, gain muscle and increase their self-confidence, offering an internal reward encourages healthy competition and anticipation among employees.
- Schedule an initial meeting. This is the perfect time to explain the details of the program and generate excitement around the program. Take this time to explain to your employees why their health is important to you, and how they can benefit from a healthier lifestyle – increased energy (to play with kids) etc. We have staff available to assist with this meeting.
- Send out weekly emails. During the program, send out weekly emails to encourage people and remind them to track their progress against their goals.
- Scheduled RnR socials. Work with RnR to schedule off-site socials to encourage participants to talk about successes and challenges that they have faced and how they have adapted. You should foster group interaction as much as possible; it can be difficult to undertake a life-changing program alone.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you choose to do the RnR corporate fitness program, you will receive an Entry Kit PDF and an employee Getting Started PDF that includes printable Nutrition and Fitness guides. The program is easy to follow and does not require constant support from an outside source. We recommend that you schedule a kick-off meeting with your employees to explain the program, ask questions and generate excitement.
RnR offers a corporate training facility that can be available to your team on a specific schedule. Contact your RnR program manager for additional details.
RnR has a very competent, educated staff available by email. This customer address will be provided to you and your team once the program is initiated.
Absolutely not. RnR is in the business of improving lives through a commitment to physical preparedness and healthy living. We will encourage participants to eat properly and may make recommendations based on experience. While we are licensed resellers for a variety of products such as Reebok and Progenex, the only product we engage consumers in is fitness.
- “The Ultimate 20th Century Cost Benefit Analysis and Report.” University of Michigan Health Management Research Center. March 2000.
- “The Health and Cost Benefits of Work Site Health-Promotion Programs.” Author(s): Ron Z. Goetzel, Ronald J. Ozminkowski Annual Review of Public Health 2008, Volume 29: 303-323.